You want to start painting, but you don't know if it's worth investing in an easel?
Painting in good conditions, with a good posture, influences the final result, but also conditions the time you can spend painting. Indeed, if you have a bad posture to practice this activity, you can develop pain.
But don't panic, we are passionate about this subject and know exactly how to help you. In this article, you will discover:
- What is an easel
- The benefits of using an easel when painting
This accessory will no longer hold any secrets for you. You will know exactly what the benefits of using an easel are.
Let's find out together right now.
What is an easel?
An easel is a support, adjustable in height, on which painters place a painting in progress. There are different types of easels that are more or less adapted to the environment (outdoor or indoor) and the size of the painting.
- Studio H-Frame Easels: These are fairly heavy easels that are generally used indoors to paint on a large surface.
- A-Frame Easels: These are made for indoor use and are sturdy. They are generally lightweight and can be easily stored.
- Field Easels: These are used for painting outdoors in nature.
- French easels: These are compact easels that have storage areas so you can store your paint and brushes.
- Tabletop easels: These are as the name implies small easels that can easily be set up on a tabletop. They are usually quite light and easy to store.
Experienced painters recommend standing in front of the easel when painting or drawing. This allows you to step back easily when you need to re-evaluate your subject.
Before you buy your first easel, it's important to ask yourself a few questions. Where will you paint? How big will your canvas be? What style of painting? Are you comfortable standing at an easel or would you need to sit down?
What is easel painting benefits
Using an easel to paint has many advantages, which are as follows
- Freedom of movement (of mind and body): this is essential in the artistic field such as painting where the achievements are more and more faithful and concrete.
- Allows you to step back and evaluate your work: this is one of the most important things to do when trying to improve your artistic creation.
As you can see, an easel is an essential tool when you paint. You can choose one depending on whether you are more comfortable standing or sitting.
With all this information, you know the many advantages of using an easel.
That's why we suggest that you first find out what position you are most comfortable painting in and then you can choose the easel that best suits your preferences.